Recently I was traveling in Austin for SXSW and I started feeling sick. I wasn’t just feeling a little sick but a lot sick and was a bit puzzled because I eat well and it didn’t feel like food poisoning or the stomach flu. But I felt pretty badly and so I tuned in psychically and got that it was from chemicals including chlorine and fluoride in the tap water. I generally do drink spring water but when I travel, I would sometimes drink tap water at restaurants. Since I was at a festival and out and about a lot, I was drinking more tap water than usual (but probably still no more than 3 glasses a day). So, I was a little surprised that I was feeling so sick, after all, I was only drinking a little bit of tap water. I started to do some research on chlorine and fluoride and learned that its highly toxic, and that the kind of fluoride in water is much more toxic than the kind in toothpaste (though I still avoid it in toothpaste as well).
I read several articles and blog posts and a few books on water fluoridation including The Case Against Flouride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up In Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics that Keep It There. I was amazed at what I read but here are a few points to consider regarding water fluoridation.
- The fluoride that is in tap water is a completely different kind of fluoride than the type toothpaste that is actually a chemical byproduct. Pharmaceutical grade fluoride is what is in toothpaste, the kind in water which is byproduct from the phosphate industries.
- Many countries including China (a country not-known to be toxic and pollution free) do not allow fluoride in water because they consider it too toxic.
- The amount of fluoride in a glass of water is enough to cause an 8 point IQ drop (enough of a different to move you from the normal to dull range). A 5-point reduction on average of IQ doubles the number of people considered mentally retarded so this is a significant statistic.
- There is a financial aspect to IQ loss as it relates to a person’s ability to make better money.
- Flouride collects in the pineal gland (believed to be the 3rd eye is housed in the brain) and can increase hypothyroidism and create goiters.
- There is also evidence of increased cell death, arthritis, dementia, bone fractures, and cancer.
After learning all this stuff, it’s really no surprise that fluoride was making me sick. Once I switched to drinking spring water or water that was purified to remove fluoride (most purified water does not), I felt much better.
I wanted to share about this experience because it’s very important for all of us to honor what feels good in our bodies. Even though many will tell you that fluoride is good and safe, it was not feeling good in my body. Pay attention to what feels right for you and do your research. The more you pay attention to and honor what feels right for you, the better you will likely feel.
On the plus side, as a part of this experience, I really learned the benefits of using activated charcoal to help absorb toxins and start to feel better. I will be writing about that soon so stay tuned.